Published on April 25th, 2013 | by Mark Gibson, Editor/Community Manager
Barry Sanders Named Cover Athlete For Madden NFL 25
Last night on ESPN 2, the results of the Madden NFL 25 Cover Voter was revealed. In a heated battle between Adrian Peterson and football legend Barry Sanders, more than 40 million fans took to the Internet to cast their vote.
After six rounds, Sanders claimed victory with 58 percent of the final vote.
The former Detroit Lion is the first NFL star to appear on two back-to-back covers as he shared the NCAA Football 13 box with Robert Griffin III. This is also the first time a Detroit Lion has appeared on back-to-back Madden covers with Calvin Johnson, Jr. appearing on last year’s game.
You may also recall Madden NFL 2000 were Sanders made an appearance in the background with Madden on the cover. This would also make Sanders the only player to appear twice on the cover of the Madden Franchise.
“The Madden NFL franchise has such a rich tradition and history, and there’s no better way to celebrate our 25thAnniversary than by having one of the best players of all-time on the cover,” said Anthony Stevenson, senior director of marketing for EA SPORTS. “Barry Sanders has long been a fan favorite, so we’re proud to have him as the face of Madden NFL 25.”
In addition to the cover announcement, a new trailer titled “Run Free” has also been released. This trailer highlights the Infinity Engine 2 capability and is part of the Madden NFL 25 Playbook Series. The periodic videos are designed to highlight different key aspects of the game leading up to its Aug. 28 release date.
- Playbook #3: Connected Franchise Part 1 (to be released 5/6) –Cement your legacy as one of the all-time great NFL players or coaches in the new and improved Connected Franchise.
- Playbook #4: Connected Franchise Part 2 (to be released 5/20) – Take ultimate control of your franchise.
- Playbook #5: Madden Share (to be released 6/24) – The best content from around the Madden NFLuniverse, right at your fingertips.
- Playbook #6: Madden Ultimate Team (to be released 7/1) –Enjoy new ways to play and build your team in this year’s edition of Ultimate Team.
- Playbook #7: All-25 (to be released 7/8) – Your voice. Your choice. Celebrating 25 years of Madden NFL’s best of the best.