Published on April 11th, 2013 | by Kyle Spencer, Editor
DC Universe Online DLC, Origin Crisis, Coming this May
Sony Online Entertainment has announced the continuation of DC Universe Online with a new DLC release, titled Origin Crisis.
Origin Crisis will follows in the footsteps of the last DLC release for the game, Home Turf, and will allow players to interact with DC heroes in alternate universes. Imagine Batman as a hired assassin or Superman as one of Lex Luthor’s henchmen.
“It is really interesting to explore ‘what if’ scenarios, and we cannot wait for our players to experience the twists Origin Crisis will introduce to the story in DCUO,” said Jens Andersen, creative director, DC Universe Online. “In this DLC, players will travel through time to play out alternate histories and futures. What would happen to Metropolis if Superman worked for Lex Luthor? What if Bruce Wayne became an evil assassin instead of a vigilante? These are the stories and realities that the players will experience and influence.”
Origin Crisis will feature (from press release):
- New Quantum Controller Power Set – Manipulate time, control gravity and twist the very fabric of space itself
- Two challenging new Raids
- Two new Hero Origin Operations
- Two new Villain Origin Operations
- Iconic Anomalies – Two new Solo Simulation Challenges
- New Gear, including Tier 5 PvE Gear and new Iconic-inspired Gear
- New Feats, Collections and Trophies
Origin Crisis will be available for free through the PlayStation Network or DCUniverseOnline.com website to all free, premium and legendary players.