Published on October 9th, 2012 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor
Primal Carnage Launches Open Beta
If you haven’t already heard about Primal Carnage yet, then you’re in for a surprise. This upcoming PC Indie uses a new and original premise, pitting gamers against hordes of bloodthirsty, terrifying…dinosaurs.
Yes, that’s right. Dinosaurs. Not undead zombies–a premise which has been literally done to death–but towering, titanic reptilians from the Mesozoic Era who have returned to gorge on a whole manner of humans. This is pretty much the Jurassic Park game you’ve always wanted, featuring team-based FPS action, crisp graphics, and of course rampaging Tyrannosaurus Rex’s and lightning-fast velociraptors.
What’s even better is that Primal Carnage has just launched a Beta for the game, giving gamers the chance to experience the thrill of dinosaur hunting and the excitement of surviving a reptilian onslaught. Players can currently get access to the Beta by Pre-Ordering the game on Lukewarm’s official website or an online digital distribution service like Steam.
To get a better idea of what Primal Carnage includes in terms of gameplay, here are a few features that describe the upcoming PC Indie:
Primal Carnage is an online multiplayer shooter that will engross its players in skilled PVP combat, team-based strategy and savage class-oriented matches unlike any you’ve previously experienced; be it an armed human mercenary or a cunning dinosaur, Primal Carnage is sure to unleash the inner beast in anyone who seeks to survive amongst the fittest.
- Distinct action-packed online PVP multiplayer with FPS mechanics.
- 10 playable classes (five Human, five Dinosaur) each with their own unique abilities, skills, and proficiencies.
- Play from both first-person (Human) and third-person (Dinsoaur) perspective, each providing a unique and different experience for either team.
- Multiple achievements and an extensive DLC roadmap.
- Five open-environment maps that have their own unique style and terrain, offering varying battlegrounds.
Primal Rage‘s release date is TBD (to be dated) for PC and Mac. For more information please visit the game’s official website.