Published on September 17th, 2012 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Dragon Age III: Inquisition Announced
EA and BioWare officially announced today that the action/RPG franchise will be receiving its third installment. It looks as though gamers will have to wait until its launch in “late 2013” to fully enjoy this age of dragons.
“The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now,” said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. “We’ve been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven’t held back, so we’re not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they’re asking for – a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral.”
Many felt that Dragon Age II seemed a bit rushed, specifically due to the first being slaved over for many years. It might seem like EA is pushing to publish the title, but fans out there have no doubt expressed an urgency in concluding the series. Some might also wonder if the gameplay will stick to its faster paced action/rpg style that came to be known in DA:II.
The game promises to run on the renowned Frostbite 2 engine, so we may see more environmental interactions and various other improvements throughout the overall gameplay experience.
In a letter from Mark Darrah, Executive Producer on Dragon Age III: Inquisition, he outlined a few points about the game. The following he has confirmed:
- The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
- We won’t be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
- This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It’s composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers
- We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization.
- We’ve started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.
Check out the letter by clicking here.