Published on August 8th, 2012 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Zen Pinball 2 Bumpers Into the PlayStation Network
It is a wonder that this sequel title has taken so long to break into the ranks of the PlayStation Network. Zen Studios announced today that it will be bringing its second table-tilting pinball title over to the Sony console and handheld on September 4, 2012.
The announcement also brings with it news of additional content to be introduced to the series. From game developer PopCap Games, we are promised a table to be later included in Zen Pinball 2 stemming from one of their renowned titles. While we can only speculate as to which table it is exactly, I can only imagine that a Plants vs. Zombies table is in the works. Could you imagine playing with a zombie head as the ball?
Players will also be excited to know that if you already own Zen Pinball or Marvell Pinball, then you can get your pudgy pinball paws on the new release for free. If you are new to the series you can also download and try each table for free before you drop that plastic and make the purchase.
Here is a rundown of some of the features that you can expect in the PSN release:
- PlayStation 3 system and PlayStation Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table