Published on March 5th, 2012 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Capcom Kinects with Steel Batallion Heavy Armor
Platform: Kinect for Xbox 360
# of Players: 1
Release Date: June 19, 2012 (US)
Developer: FROM SOFTWARE
The year 2082 might seem like a far off date in the future, but it is approximately the same amount of years since the U.S. faced brutal combat in World War II. Coincidence? I think not.
In this new era of low-tech devices, the semiconductor has been replaced with brute force and war is still a factor in common living. In a dramatic turn of events, the U.S. army must invade its own soil and rely on one soldier to aid in its redemption. Take on the role of Lieutenant Powers and command the army’s best weapon, the Vertical Tank.
To be honest, the game surprises me. I didn’t think that someone was ever going to bring the two concepts of controller functionality and couple it with Kinect functions. Even though Mass Effect 3 does support Kinect functions, I do not think I agree wholeheartedly to slap a “Better with Kinect” logo on the front just due to voice commands alone. SBHA on the other hand looks like its throwing all the chips on the table and bringing us another reason to wave your arms about like a crazy person and enjoy a motion controlled title.
Here are some of the features you can expect from the war torn battlefield:
- War, inside and out: Steel Battalion Heavy Armor provides a combination of first-person shooter (FPS)
controller gameplay with immersive gameplay elements that only Kinect can provide
- Take to the battlefield: Instill fear in the enemy as the pilot of a Vertical Tank (VT), but feel fear of
death as you and your crew become the focus of the enemy’s attacks
- Brothers in arms: Utilize Kinect to engage with fellow VT crew members as you share the emotional
highs and lows of the battlefield
- Unique universe: Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is set in a world where the balance of power has been
dramatically changed following a technology meltdown and once mighty nations are now reliant on
human skill and courage to regain justice and freedom
- Innovation: As with the original Steel Battalion, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, once more demonstrates
Capcom’s commitment to take advantage of current technologies and push development boundaries to
deliver unique and compelling gaming experience
(Enter Age and Refresh to play)