Published on May 31st, 2011 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Metro: 2033 Sequel Announced
Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
Release Date: TBA, 2012
E3 2011 Presence: Yes
“We believe that Metro 2033 was a flawed masterpiece,“ said Danny Bilson, EVP Core Games, THQ.
There is plenty we can expect from Metro: Last Light. The game has already got us intrigued with a raised brow wondering just how the redemption process can begin. Thanks to 4A Games (Metro 2033), we now have this teaser trailer and a whole lot to be expecting, especially for some, to change the taste of what gamers got in the release of the first.
The game promises to showcase some of the most important things that it takes to build an extremely complete feeling title. Lighting, physics, and the ever so recently undergoing destructible environment process is all made possible by the 4A Engine.
Metro: Last Light has players pitted amidst a civil war in post-apocalyptic Moscow. The efforts to retrieve the doomsday device that could wipe the face of the Earth of its presence for good.
Below is the info description for Metro: Last Light from the official Facebook Page:
It is the year 2034.
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within.
Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…
• A gripping, story-driven first person shooter, Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033
• Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness
• Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created
• Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay
• Wage post-apocalyptic warfare online, as Last Light delivers an intense multiplayer experience amongst the dark Russian ruins