Published on December 17th, 2007 | by Daniel David
PS3 Firmware 2.10 Update Tomorrow
A poster at Neogaf got the scope on next firmware update 2.10 thats supposed to hit tomorrow. The poster got this from the UK Playstation site but the link is no dead but luckily we have all the details.
“An update to the PS3 system software was released on December 18, 2007. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 2.10 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 2.10, you will need a minimum 120Mb of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
The PLAYSTATION 3 system software version 2.10 update includes the following:
* Voice Changer
The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat. Visit the Voice Changer guide in Help & Support under PS3 at eu.playstation.com for more details.
Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.
Other new or revised features in version 2.10
* You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.
* DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played. *
* Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. **
* [BD Data Utility] has been added. ***
– To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to Settings > [System Settings] and set [Enable WMA Playback].
– Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played. – Files that are 2GB or more cannot be played.
** You may now be able to use several additional features such as playback of two videos at the same time with Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. The available features vary depending on the disc.
*** The management data that is used by the Blu-ray Disc is saved.“
Great to see that we get DivX support before Christmas. They could have left out the voice changer unless it has full Darth Vader support then that’s all I’m using then. Added Blu-ray functionality is nice too and this is a solid update but it won’t stop the cries of in-game XMB though.