Published on September 25th, 2014 | by Kyle Spencer, Editor
Destiny Treasure Cave Shut Down
The infamous “Treasure Cave” that thousands of Destiny players have been farming for the past number of weeks has been officially shut down by Bungie.
If you were one of the gamers that sat outside of the cave on Skywatch, you will be surprised to see that those weak NPC are no longer spawning at the rate they once were inside the cave.
“The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing: the herding to get a team of Guardians all behind the line and firing in the right direction, the rush to grab the loot, the scramble when the panic wave starts, the beckoning glow from inside the cave,” the developer said in a statement about where the game is at after two-plus weeks. “The speed at which the community organized around this activity was inspiring and humbling to us.
“But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn’t our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience. Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.”
Also in today’s Hotfix, Bungie has outlined what else was addressed:
- Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 18.104.22.168]
Queen’s Wrath Event
- Material rewards for dismantling Queen’s Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items
- The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)