Published on April 17th, 2013 | by Cory Wells, Contributor
Deadpool is Thrilled with his Pre-Order Bonuses
Activision and developer High Moon announced the pre-order bonuses for the Deadpool game that releases June 25.
Deadpool took the charge, revealing pre-orders bonues himself. Here’s what he had to say:
“So I, the great and magMANimous Deadpool, cordially intimidated invited Activision Publishing, Inc. and High Moon Studios to make a video game starring Marvel’s most Marvel-ous character, me. And you being a gamer of unquestionable good taste wish to pre-order that game. Well I say bravo – you deserve some awesome rewards for putting your trust in Deadpool.”
While it seems the bonuses are coming from both Gamestop and Amazon, the former seems to be offering much more. Check out the details below (taken from the official press release):
- MY “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC (confetti explosion!) adds two new maps – GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower – to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two b-b-b-b-bonus costumes – the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode where your stats are tracked on a global leaderboard.
- Exclusive digital wallpaper for my PowerUp Rewards friends featuring who else – me!!! I’ll probably be, like, you know, totally ripped in it and all. No bigsies. – U.S. Only
- A (drum roll, please) midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders (more drums!) paid BY Activision (now the bassoon!) with a LIVE appearance from ME, Das Pool! Now’s your chance, Kodiak, Alaska GameStop customers! – U.S. Only
- A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels– but seriously… buy a Deadpool graphic novel.
- An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve, because what are you doing not staring at my perfectly sculpted body every waking moment of the day?
Deadpool seems pretty hyped about his first “solo” project in the video game industry. I’m not sure if truly winning the contest is a good thing, as one would have to endure Wade. The idea of Wade on Activision’s dime is scary, as clearly Activision doesn’t know what they are getting themselves into.
Deadpool will be made available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.