Published on February 26th, 2013 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Eat Like a Dragon, Listen to Dragon Tunes at SXSW ’13
Many would contest that Texas barbecue is the best kind of ‘cue. When it comes to others in the world, there isn’t really anything like it, especially when prepared with the right tools and sauces. Learn more here about the best way to get your grilled meats cooked to perfection. Well, unless you have gorged on food from the age of dragons. If you are heading to the popular South by Southwest conference make sure to stop by The Elder Scrolls food truck.
Much like that of the SXSW showcase, there’s more to the truck than just sportin’ a video game theme. The truck will host a slew of free food, and feature a special musical guest: Malukah, as she sings “The Dragonborn Comes.”
Wondering just what they the truck is going to be serving up? Check it out here:
- Pressed Eidarmelt (Nordic Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese) with a choice of three specialty dipping sauces: Fire Petal Dip (spicy, homemade marinara sauce), Emperor’s Garden (Chef’s special pesto) or Tomato-Mammoth (classic Bolognese).
- Sandwiches will be accompanied with Tangy Ninroot (pickles), Corkbulb Crisps (kettle chips) and Alocasia Fruit Juice (fruit punch spritzer).
If you are heading to SXSW, the truck will be available Sunday, March 10 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.. CST and located on 3rd and Congress. Much like any other freebie event, there will be giveaways during the greet and feed. If you won’t be on that side of the country, check out these future dates and locations where you score some free grub:
- SXSW 2013 – Austin, Texas (March 10)
- PAX East – Boston, Massachusetts (March 22)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst – Amherst, Massachusetts (March 29)
- Michigan State University – East Lansing, Michigan (April 12)
- University of Colorado – Boulder, Colorado (April 26)
- University of Arizona – Tucson, Arizona (May 3)
- E3 2013 – Los Angeles, California (June 12)
- Comic-Con International – San Diego, California (July 18)
- PAX Prime – Seattle, Washington (August 31)
- University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California (September 20)
- University of California, Berkeley – Berkeley, California (October 4)