Today, Square Enix announced its official PC specifications for its upcoming reboot of the Tomb Raider series. The game promises to pit players against the wild and utilize survival tactics to stay alive. While this is true in-game, you won’t need to cut your food costs in the real world in order to play Tomb Raider on your PC.
The development of the PC version of the game was shared between Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes. For those not familiar with the company, it has worked with Square Enix on other titles such as Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days and Deus Ex: Human Revolution — both games being highly demanding and seamlessly showed off the goods when it came to the PC counterpart.
For those wondering about any additional features for the PC versions, you are in luck. Here is a list from the release as to what you can expect from the digital iteration and your surviving gaming rig:
• Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
• Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
• Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
• Gamepad support.
• Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
• Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
• Higher quality shadows
• High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
• Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
• Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects and post-filter effects.
• LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
• Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
• A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
Here is the complete rundown of specs for the PC version of the game:
Minimum system requirements for PC:
• Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
• AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
• nVidia 8600
• Dual core CPU:
•AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
• Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
• 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC:
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
•AMD Radeon HD 4870
• nVidia GTX 480
• Quad core CPU:
•AMD Phenom II X2 565
• Intel Core i5-750
• 4GB Memory
Tomb Raider will be available March 5 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.