Published on February 20th, 2013 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Super Black Bass 3D is the Reel Deal
Get ready to throw out some extra line because there is a big bass waiting for you. Today, Rising Star Games Inc. announced Big Black Bass 3D, heading to the Nintendo 3DS in April. It is nearly time to reel in the big catch in three dimensions of fishing goodness all in your hands.
The game will be hookin’ it up with a slew of features specific to the Nintendo 3DS. It will feature realistic fishing motions in coordination with the gyroscope on the handheld console, for example. Who doesn’t want to hook salmon in a storm? Or drop your bobber into blistering winds? The game promises more than 30 different types of fish and varying weather conditions. If this doesn’t lure you in, then surely the ability to test your rod-handling skills should.
The game also features online leaderboards which is something any dingy dweller would be satisfied with. These are also world-wide and giving you an opportunity to challenge others around the world and prove who dominates the rod.
Here are some of the additional features from the release:
- Catch fish with Super Black Bass 3D‘s “Real Rod System” featuring realistic movement controls
- Using the motion sensor and gyroscope features of the 3DS to cast your line
- Swing the 3DS to cast your line and then tug it towards you to reel in the fish
- Multiple Game Modes:
- Tournament – compete in fishing tournaments to test your skills
- Free mode – fish at your leisure using the settings you like
- Hundreds of fish to catch across various competitive locations
- Changing conditions that affect your fishing: changing seasons, weather conditions, and time of day
- Upgradeable fishing gear: sell your catches to buy new fishing gear that will improve your skills and catch bigger fish
- Domestic / International rankings – Give yourself a Master of SBB alias and challenge fellow anglers from around the world:
- Bass – who has caught the biggest bass
- Other fish – who has caught the biggest non-bass
- Tournament – who has the best results
- Your pond – who has the biggest fish in their pond
- Fish prints – which fish prints have you acquired
- Closest experience to real fishing on the Nintendo 3DS
- Longest running videogame fishing franchise