Published on February 7th, 2013 | by Mark Gibson, Editor/Community Manager
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Expansion Announced
Paradox Interactive has revealed the next expansion for their RPG strategy title, Crusader Kings II. The forthcoming expansion, The Old Gods, will include a number of user requested features including the ability to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler.
Also included is the ability to start a campaign as far back as the year 867 AD. For those non-history buffs, the title of the expansion “The Old Gods” is in reference to the pagans who still believed in the many Gods of cultural folklore as opposed to the beliefs of Christianity that was quickly sweeping the eastern world. In the expansion, players can take the roll as a pagan chieftain spreading the beliefs of the “old world”.
The Expansion Features Include:
– Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions.
– Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
– Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas.
– Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
– Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground.
– Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time.
– Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
– Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units.
– Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods is expected for a summer release on PC.