Published on December 21st, 2012 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Emobi Games Offers a Free-to-Play MMO with Mechs in ‘2112 – Revolution’
Well, well, well….the world didn’t end after all. But who knows, it could soon, right? How about in 2112?
Today, Emobi Games announced its launch of 2112-Revolution in the far distant land of Vietnam. This is the second PC game for the company, and looks to make a dent in the casual Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) market. The game promises base defense gameplay with a mix of real-time strategy and MMO efforts.
Of course, the game would be available in somewhere like Vietnam today, but not to worry North America. the title will break into the US market and UK coming in 2013. Judging by the specs, it doesn’t seem like it will be whatsoever taxing on your current gaming setup.
The storyline doesn’t stray far from most others, though. It pits players amidst galactic turmoil with a war as its backbone. It does seem promising as a way to play for free ninety-nine. The game promises to house micro-transactions to make things a bit more interesting.
Here is more information from the release:
- MMO Meets RTS with Base Defense: Players experience 2112 as one of three races and must construct their base, train their units, research technology needed to repel invaders and level up, deploy strategy and unleash brutal warfare against foes.
- Gameplay Style: Player decide to experience 2112 as one of three races. Each race is made up of 13 units, seven techs, eight add-ons and nine towers. Each unit has 50 levels for players to progress through. Players must attack and counter-attack enemy bases while defending and fortifying their own base. Units possess a range of attributes, from ground to air units; players must pick their units and attributes wisely. In addition, players get one commander per battle, and commanders possess three skills that players can deeply to their advantage.
- Gameplay Modes: 2112has three modes to pick from.
- Challenge Mode: Storyline, campaign mode (player vs. AI).
- Ranking Mode: Auto randomized match making games (player vs. player).
- Training Mode: Player customizes the room to play with friends (player vs. player).
- Battle Rooms: 2112 has five types of rooms to conduct warfare. 1 vs.1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, 4 vs. 4 and three types of free for all.
- Races: Players can pick between the S.E.C. (Sector Emergency Coalition), the Heran and Legion. The S.E.C. is the official military force of humankind. The ancient Heran was once a proud race but now must travel in order to survive. The birth of the Legion race marked the fall of the Heran. All three races are set on a violent and explosive intergalactic collision course, each desperate to possess the rare element Herani and its destructive power.
- Minimum Operating Requirements:
- CPU: Pentium 4 3Ghz
- RAM : 1GB
- Video Card : Intel GMA 945 or higher.