Published on November 28th, 2012 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor
The Wasdio Aims to Eliminate WASD Control Scheme for PC Gaming
The Wasdio replaces WASD (keyboard) and makes action and adventure games easier to control.
Many gamers out there have an wired Xbox 360 controller or other USB controller to play PC games with, or utilize programs like Joy2Key to map keys to a connected controller. But for those frustrating PC gamers who are tired of using the WASD control scheme, Matterdaddy has your back with the Wasdio.
The Wasdio (pronounced woz-dio, inspired from the WASD keys) is an interesting spectacle of indie tech ingenuity, allowing gamers to bypass the keyboard controls and seamlessly enjoy frenetic multiplayer games on-the-fly without being limited with a keyboard.
If this sounds like something you’d love to get your mitts on, check out the Wasdio’s official Kickstarter page for an in-depth look at the controller as well as a video that explains why the Wasdio was made.
- 16 fully programmable buttons
- 2 axis joystick
- Swappable buttons for right or left-handed use
- Wasdio Profiler software included
- USB connection
- USB-HID class device (no special drivers needed)
- PC with USB port
- Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows® Vista
- 50 MB disk space for the Wasdio Profiler software
- Internet connection for updating game profiles
For more information on the Wasdio please visit Matterdaddy’s official website.