Published on October 23rd, 2012 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor0
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller Coming to PC on Oct. 30
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is an episodic point-and-click PC indie wherein gamers collect clues and solve mysteries, akin to old-school detective games of the same type. In Cognition, gamers take the role of Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent who’s haunted by the unsolved murder of her brother. Erica isn’t your ordinary special agent, however; she has supernatural post-cognition powers and can see an object’s past with a simple touch. Players use Erica’s unique ability to uncover clues and secrets that ultimately lead her to face the circumstances of her brother’s death, and the serial killer who’s still terrorizing the streets.
This Indie looks to be quite impressive and has a vibrant graphic novel feel to it, making for a fair amount of enjoyable visuals. Other unique features in Cognition include:
- An Engaging Narrative: Erica reveals her life and abilities as players progress through the many episodes of the game, telling her story as it unfolds within the game.
- Interesting and Full-Fleshed Characters:Everyone in Cognition comes to life with the help of diverse voice actors, making each character memorable and possessing their own distinct personality traits.
- Choices Dynamically Affect Gameplay: In-game puzzles have many different ways to be solved, each offering a unique path for players to discover.
- Mind-Bendingly Challenging: While Cognition is easy to pick up and play, the game has a wide array of challenging puzzles to solve wherein gamers have to uncover clues and put the pieces together to reveal the whole picture. Players must use their wits and intuition to uncover the mysteries in this stylish thriller.
- Unique Art: Every piece of in-game art is hand-drawn and gives an authentic neo-noire comic feel to the game that’s rife with dark hues that capture the overall thrilling tone.
- All-Star Development Team: Cognition was developed with the help of an indie “dream team” comprised of comic artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men), renowned game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) who lends her expertise as Story Consultant.
Cognition‘s first episode, Hangman, releases on Oct. 30, 2012 for PC via GamersGate, Rain dg, and GameStop online for $24.99–this price includes a season pass to the other episodes when they are released. For more information please visit the game’s official website.