Published on October 4th, 2012 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor
The Collectors Return In Mass Effect 3: Retaliation
The Collectors are back for revenge in this new DLC pack for Mass Effect 3, and the war for the universe rages forever onward with their return. With Mass Effect 3: Retaliation gamers can experience a brand new challenge, upping the ante with new additions like environmental hazards and the inclusion of the Collectors as a new enemy faction to face in multiplayer battle.
Also included in the DLC pack is a whole new challenge system that rewards players for accomplishing certain feats in multiplayer, also giving gamers the ability to track and compare their progress on different multiplayer challenges with their friends.
Key features in the Mass Effect 3: Retaliation DLC pack include:
- New “Hazardous” Versions of Existing Multiplayer Maps – Battle across all six maps as Firebases are introduced to different hazards and traps. Try to survive the best you can as Lightning, Acid, Sandstorms, Swarms, Whiteouts and even Meltdowns threaten to destroy you and your team.
- Collectors Join the Battle – Face against the terrifying alien race of the Collectors, taking on different echelons including Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. There are also reports that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoons and that the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature – Track your progress in the new Challenges database and compare it to your friends to see if you’re the best soldier in the Alliance. Also build up your score and reputation with various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to use in battle.
- New Unlockable Weaponry – The Collectors have brought their own weaponry–Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle–to the fight, each of which are unlockable and upgradeable.
- Additional Class Kits to Unlock – New character join the war for the galaxy including the Turian Havoc Soldier and the Turian Ghost Infiltrator. New class kits are to be added as weeks progress.
- Brand New Powerful Upgrades – Equip your weaponry with three new ammunition modifications and fortify your armory with five unique upgrades to take on even the toughest of foes.
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation will be available on Oct. 9 on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and the Origin client. The DLC requires the latest patch to be installed as well. For more information on the DLC pack and Mass Effect 3 please visit the game’s official website.
[jwplayer file=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpyHMv7lQ7g plugins=”agegate-2″]