Published on August 3rd, 2012 | by Cameron Woolsey
Play As Ada Wong or As a Zombie in Resident Evil 6, New Trailers Included
In case you missed it, Capcom revealed earlier this week that Ada Wong will return in Resident Evil 6 in her own playable campaign. Capcom says that the campaign will offer gamers a different perspective on the story underlining the upcoming zombie shooter. The campaign is only available after players complete the story campaigns for the other three characters, Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield and Jake.
Capcom also announced Agent Hunt, an online mode that allows a player to infiltrate another player’s campaign as a “hunter” zombie, with the intent to kill off human characters. If you have any experience with the invasion element behind Dark Souls, Agent Hunt works in a similar fashion. Agent Hunt is only available after you beat the game with the three main characters (look above). To activate it, you must start a new campaign and choose to allow Agent Hunt.
Full details for Agent Hunt and trailers/screenshots are below:
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session (Please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions)
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area.
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies.
Ada Wong screens and trailer:
Agent Hunt screens and trailer: