Published on July 31st, 2012 | by Cameron Woolsey
Bullet Run Now Available for PC
Sony announced that Bullet Run, by ACONY Games, has finished its open beta test and is now available for the PC. Bullet Run is a free-to-play FPS complete with high-speed shooting and character progression.
“We are excited to finally bring this highly-anticipated game to our players,” Christopher Sturr, executive director of business development and corporate strategy, Sony Online Entertainment, said. “Bullet Run is a proof point that our goal at SOE continues to be to bring top-tier quality interactive experiences to players of all ages through our diverse portfolio of free-to-play online games. We are confident players will enjoy Bullet Run‘s high energy persistent combat experience and can’t wait to hear their feedback.”
“We have watched this game grow from an idea to a complete experience,” Jan-Eric Lauble, creative director at ACONY Games, said. “The level of detail we put in the game–from the competitive gunplay features to the unique storyline–will offer players an experience they have yet to find in the FPS world. We are all incredibly proud of the work the team has done and look forward to offering players more options and exciting new features in regular updates to the game going forward.”
Bullet Run is a game based around a reality TV show in which players, or Contestants as they’re called, fight to the top in bloody skirmishes across six maps. Through play, you unlock new weapons and upgrades for your guns and character.
KEY FEATURES (from the press release):
- FPS MEETS FREE-TO-PLAY – Free for download for the PC. Additional content is available for purchase in the in-game marketplace.
- REALITY TV GAME SHOW STORYLINE – Players will have to fight for stardom or settle for 15 minutes of fame. Cameras and commentators capture all the intense FPS action, where style and showmanship earn “Heat” and fame on the road to stardom.
- EIGHT KILL SKILLS – Unique abilities can be trained and unleashed during combat. Each brings in cutting-edge technology for players to use in their match and are unlocked as contestants earn Heat. These include damage heals, berserker mode, enemy-trapping robots, aerial ammo attacks, devastating mini-gun action and more.
- ACTIVE RELOAD – _Bullet Run_ moves fast, and your guns need to load even faster. The game offers an Active Reload feature. When you hit ‘reload,’ a circular interface appears. If you hit it just right, your weapon loads much faster. But be precise, if you don’t hit the mark, your gun will jam.
- SIX KILLER ARENAS – A thrilling assortment of game maps for players to explore and dominate including industrial landscapes, desert wastelands, and more.
- FAST-PACED MULTIPLAYER COMBAT – Up to 20 contestants can battle on each episode in one of two game modes: Team Deathmatch or Dominion.
- CHARACTER STYLIZATION – Players have access to hundreds of ‘vanity’ items to customize their characters and style, earning boosts and experience points in the in-game Style system.
- WEAPON OF CHOICE – Thousands of potential combinations per weapon from silencers and muzzle brakes to scopes, stocks and more allow players to fine-tune their weapon to match their game play preferences. Additionally, weapons decals and paintjobs will provide players true personalization.
- BRING ON THE HEAT – In-game progression is rewarded through exciting play; the more Heat, the more fans. The more fans, the more players level up their Fame. Taunt, slay and humiliate opponents, increasing Heat and unlocking new skills and weapons.
- CHARACTER PROGRESSION – Gain access to unique items and weapons as your character advances to new levels of fame (experience); you can also earn in-game currency to help improve and learn new skills.
- KILLER COMMUNITY – Add friends, join them in matches, and chat privately via the ComCenter.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES – Nemesis System to identify the contestant constantly blocking your path to stardom; Taunt System with custom animations to help pump up the crowd; Quickplay option; and more.
Check out two multiplayer map flybys below.