Published on June 16th, 2012 | by Andre Gamble, Contributor0
Rumor: Leaked Microsoft Documents Show Plans For Xbox 720
A supposed “leaked” Microsoft internal document detailing their strategy for the next generation Xbox has leaked onto the Internet. We here at GAMINGtruth got our hands on a copy here’s some of the most interesting tidbits.
The document was posted online at sharing website Scribd. It has since been taken down, but not before we were able to run off with some details:
- The next-gen Xbox will come with Kinect v.2
- Built-in DVR. Ability to watch programs saved on the Xbox or other devices
- Next Xbox will have a Blu-ray drive
- Native 3D support
- Next box will be four- to six-times as powerful as the Xbox 360
- Supports cloud-based gaming.
- Kinect will have better voice recognition and better 3D space recognition
- Ability to have four players concurrently playing Kinect
- HD RGB camera for Kinect
- Launch price of $299 with Kinect
While we have our doubts about the authenticity of this document, some things do ring true. For example: the ability to use a tablet or phone as a companion (SmartGlass anyone?). However it seems as if this document is a couple of years old. Written inside there are amusing little tidbits such as mentioning that Apple TV was just announced. It refers the Wii U as the Wii 2, and that it’s heavily rumored.
[Update]: Apparently Kotaku got a hold of a Microsoft employee who has told them that some of the plans are close, but feature many outdated ideas. So while the specs and other details can be speculated, they may not have made it into the final design.
-Update by Cam