Published on April 12th, 2012 | by G. Bargas, Managing Editor
Ghost Recon Future Soldier Shows Promise in Multiplayer
Third person shooters always seem sluggish to me. I don’t know if it is the transition from playing FPS titles, but it sometimes feels like I’m struggling just to escape fire and find cover. This might seem like the case for most other shooters out there, this trailer begs to change my perception.
(Enter Age and Refresh to play)
Even with the trailers fast-paced shooter feel I can’t help but compare it to another franchise that paints a strikingly similar picture of combat. The trailer shows off some of the combat as well as an objective based area. I did play an early build at E3 2011, and even in its early build, it was starting to shape up as fierce competitor for combat and my wallet guts.
The multiplayer is also looking to level the playing field with other titles out there.
- The game itself will house up to 12 players, leaving teams of 6 V 6
- There are four different game modes: Conflict, Saboteur, Decoy, and Siege. As seen in the trailer, these highly suggest team based interactions to get the job done
- There are three classes of players, being the Rifleman, Engineer and Scout
- Players can unlock gear as they level-up and there are currently 10 maps lined up for launch
- The suppression system of the game will be highly influential in targeting enemies and taking them down
Ghost Recon Future Soldier is slated for release May 22, 2012.