Castle Miner Z

Published on November 15th, 2011 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor

Castle Miner Z Now Available on XBLIG Marketplace

Now gamers who want to sate their thirst for zombie slaying action can do so with Digital DNA’s newly released addition to their popular voxel block-builder Castle Miner. The brand new title, Castle Miner Z, mixes casual Minecraft-like building with survival-esque undead-shooting action online over Xbox LIVE.

“CastleMiner Z is an online coop survival horror game in a block based environment. Travel with your Avatar with your friends in a huge spanning and ever-changing world while defending yourself from the zombie hoard. Mine the world for resources, to craft the weapons that you will need to survive.

This new title puts a horror survival spin on the peaceful world of Castle Miner, giving players new and old more action packed gameplay than before, all while adding a unique and original online multiplayer experience over Xbox LIVE. To see the game in action check the trailer below, and click here to download Castle Miner Z from the Xbox.com marketplace.

Castle Miner Z is now available on the Xbox Live Indie Games marketplace for 240 MSP ($3). For more information please visit Digital DNA’s official website.

[nggallery id=589]

Tags: , , , , ,

About the Author

I'm an aspiring games journalist who writes articles focused on everything from Indie Games to next-gen titles. [Twitter] @Mr_Deeke [E-Mail] derek.s(at)gamingtruth(dot)com

45 Responses to Castle Miner Z Now Available on XBLIG Marketplace

1. Tylereggen says:

i like this game a hole lot and its worth your money if you like mincraft and zombie games at the same time

2. Superchicmagnet says:

They need to put some sort of chest to store stuff you need to survive

3. Fuuuu76 says:

how do you find diamond

4. Kristen_wheeldon says:

mine carrys on doing this weird thing

5. Kristen_wheeldon says:

whenever  i load it up

6. Oscarandoz says:

They need to put doors in as houses suck at the moment but it still is an epic game

7. Forum says:

Needs a main storage and seperate blocks if they are given to you, unless you want to merge them

8. Forum says:

Also needs fall damage taken out, I’ve lost at least 50 gold bars and diamonds like that >:/

9. Vls1950 says:

they should add some kind of quick transportation that runs by coal, add doors so we don’t have to cover the entrance and mine it again, chests for you and your friends to use and if you don’t want to die with important items, they should add more enemies like spiders or skeletons riding on spiders but that is just like mine craft so maybe they cant add this one , and also they need to add more kinds of ore and blocks and to add water. also they should add more weapons like melee weapons, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, machine pistols, shields, swords, bow and arrow, and other modern weapons.
    I HOPE THEY WILL ADD SOME OR ALL THIS AT A UPDATE BECAUSE THIS WOULD MAKE CASTLE MINER Z EVEN BETTER AND FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Dylan says:

You need armor so you dont die in like 3 hits

11. Ldigby01 says:

(11-12-11)    On the latest update all my maps keep being erased from my game. Its very annoying when you put in alot of time and effort and it just goes. Has this happend to anyone else or is it just me. if this is a regular thing does anyone know if there if a bug fix update comming out soon ?

12. OMGagirl says:

Me and my brother made a map in survival and we played it again and everything was gone when we went back to the game.. We had a bunch of stuff in a crate and when we went back our gold and diamonds were gone :/ we mined some more and the nezt time we went on they were gone were really getting sick of it is this happening to anyone else and will it be fixed soon or.. What…?!

• ligte4rezine says:

same here once i made in awsome map for survivle but when i teleported back to the start it reset the whole map!!! i hope they fixed this MAJOR glitch it is very annoying!!!

13. stuart g says:

it think they should put in there next update more weapons ,attachments, doors,more enemys and better choice or ores and blocks

14. Lukas says:

how do u down load castle miner??????????????????

15. Addisonprice54 says:

Okay castle miner z is a great game nut I’m sure people will agree with me that there needs to be doors guns like the sniper Rifel and new assult rifel like a m16 also ladders to get from one ledge to another and minecarts I’m sick of having to assend from my mine shaft one block at a time

16. Aidanhazell says:

they should add a co-op split screen so people can invite there friends over to play with them and also a campain so that people could have a better experience than just killing zombies and building a house.also doors are a good idea and some new mobs and some animals to get food from and materials.ladders and stairs are good and also a furnice. so i hope this could get added in the next update me and my brothers and my friends would really like it:)

17. Robbie says:

Can you allow players to duplicate again in castle miner z again my friends and I were disappointed to figure out that the glitch was removed or patched

18. 1Chris25 says:

Okey……:P.How download it i think is good :)…..and it looks like minecraft,,,,I think…

19. superman123 says:

you should add ladders and running

20. ligte4rezine says:

this just like castle miner onley this is of course a zombie mode for the game it is diffrent in some ways suck as you now have to carft items (guns, ammo, pick axes, etc.) with the supplys you find just recently a new up date came for it! it is now running on the 1.31 update and looks a lot better. now there is dragon mode were you fight of waves of dargons. great game for 250 msp!!! this is a must have!!! THUMBS UP IF THIS HELPED!!!

21. ligte4rezine says:

NOTE: follow this link to go to the original website for more info about this game!!!

22. Anonymous says:

hey guys this my new profile send me a freind request on xbox 360 i have the same user name!!!

23. Anonymous says:

good game

24. Anonymous says:

Hey all,

We will be hosting a developer Q & A with the creators of Castle Miner Z and Castle Miner. Please reply with any of your questions for future titles, or current, and we will be sure to get them answered as best as possible!  Thanks for your support and keep on buildin’ !

-Greg

25. Tanner21cobb says:

Really need some sort of armor. And u Should be able to save ENDURANCE games I’m getting real tired of having to leave my xbox onn all night or having to start a new world. Also if u join a server and get a lot of stuff the next time u join it will be gone unless put in a crate,that should be fixed.

P.s. crates and doors are available for crafting. Door: 10 wood 1 iron. Crate: 5 wood 2 iron.

26. Tanner21cobb says:

Ddd

27. sean says:

It needs fly ability and a shop For survival and In creative they need to make it so that you can have all The blocks and tools avalible In a certain menu or shop or somthing likd that

28. nicholas says:

can you guys unpach the one glich on 1.3 i don’t like the glich on 1.31 it suck’s

29. Insertclevernamehere says:

Is there offline multiplayer?

30. Danil_ad says:

e otkyde dasiq izteglq.napihete saita pliz

31. Squarty says:

Minecraft is better,this is only a fake copy >:(

32. Knivesandropes says:

Pretty good game. Stop repeat stop making patches they are the only reason I play the game , the glitches. You would lose lots of people if u kept patching them

33. bedırhan akyuz says:

Where can I download please help me

34. Guest says:

can someone help me find out why xbox wont let me download this game it says my parental setting need to be fixed but i did all of that stuff and its still not working please help

35. yo says:

its really fun

36. how do you get the original so i can have creative

37. Sean_Braitz says:

how do you unban someone in it

38. plz get a new udate. says:

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!!!!!!!! ITS ABSOLUTLEY PERFECT!!!! EXCEPT THERE IS NO SPLITSCREEN MODE. PLZ ADD SPLITSCREEN IN THE NEW UPDATE I WOOULD LIKE TO SHARE THIS GAME WITH FRIENDS AT MY HOUSE BUT I CANT CUZ IT IS SINGLE PLAYER. PLEASE FIX/ADD SPLITSCREEN!!! OTHER THAN THAT I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

39. мася says: