Published on October 19th, 2011 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor
All Hell Breaks Loose With THQ’s New Zombie Shooter
THQ’s upcoming third-person zombie shooter brings with it a whole new way to annihilate the walking dead during a demonic zombie apocalypse. While The Haunted: Hells Reach surely has it’s influences from its survival horror predecessors like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, the game makes use of a new signature style that blends fast-paced action with intense gore, bringing a thrilling and heart-racing experience that’s as satisfying as it is terrifying.
Along with the frightening visual elements, THQ’s new PC zombie shooter makes use of a variety of unique game modes which set the game apart from the cliched titles and re-invent the standard zombie apocalypse experience. Akin to Dead Island’s use of co-operative mutliplayer, The Haunted: Hells Reach allows a team of players to work together to survive the harshness and brutality of a destroyed world.
“The Haunted: Hells Reach is a fast-paced, third person action horror game that focuses on delivering an intense multiplayer experience. Your goal is to liberate cursed locations and survive the assault from the minions of Hell. Play various multiplayer modes: such as co-op, survival, demons vs. humans and demonizer. The Unreal Engine 3™ powered graphics are perfect for the frantic gameplay.”
Gamers will be able to experience THQ’s new horrifying title will be released on October 25, 2011, right in time for Halloween. What better way to celebrate All Hallows Eve than by venturing into the hellish and grim wasteland of a zombie apocalypse and taking out as many frenzied undead as possible? Check below for a list of in-game features, a gallery of screenshots, and the official debut trailer for this grisly survival shooter.
- Over 30 stages stretched across 8 unforgettable locations
- Multitudes of different undead enemies, each with their own unique characteristics
- 4 playable characters
- A huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons
- 6 secret weapons to unlock in-game
- 5 unique Game Modes
- Environmental hazards such as lightning storms, meteor showers, and acid rain
- Single Player: Stand alone against the forces of evil. Advance through 30 stages and save the world from darkness!
- Cooperative: Up to 4 players work together to defeat the minions of hell. Send as many back to Hell as you can!
- Battle: 4 human players against 4 demon players. Demons place and control hell-spawn and can take direct control.
- Demonizer: Each dead human turns into a demon. Demons can resurrect as players if they kill another human player. Longest surviving human wins!
- Survival: Up to 4 players try to survival endless waves of demons until every human has been wiped out.
Pre-order your copy today and save 10% off of the retail price!
The Haunted: Hells Reach will be available for PC for $19.99 on October 25, 2011 in stores and via digital download. For more information please visit the official website.