Published on October 13th, 2011 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor
PAYDAY: The Heist Releases Oct. 18th
PAYDAY: The Heist from Overkill Software gives gamers the chance to pull off a full-scale armed robbery with a team of elite professional criminals hidden behind clown masks. This action shooter delivers an authentic and unique bank robbing experience to players that allows players to live the gut-wrenching high-stakes action of a armed heist–something that hasn’t been fully recreated in the gaming world.
On October 18th, 2011 gamers can become criminal masterminds and pull off risky heists and robberies for precious diamonds and millions in cash, and loot banks across a bustling metropolis with a seedy underbelly full of crime syndicates. Teamwork is essential in PAYDAY, as gamers will have to rely on every member of their organization in order to successfully pull off each robbery.
Check below for a list of features, a trailer, and screenshots from the developer’s official website:
- Six High-Intensity Heists to Pull:Whether you’re blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action packed heists will have players checking their six in the living room.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring home the bacon. Sharing extra ammo and medic kits, helping regen wounded partners, distributing tasks like guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages or cracking through various security measures. It’s one for all and all for one.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic, adaptive environments combined with non-scripted enemy behavior, shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows or special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Choose a specialty – assault, sharpshooter or support – players gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be a lifeline. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crew members back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
- PlayStation® or PC: For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber FPS for a high intensity shooter fix.
PAYDAY: The Heist is a unique next-gen shooter with emphasis on crime, and throughout the game players will take on the persona of the villains rather than the heroes. This title also offers a multitude of unique in-game features and mechanics, making it appeal to gamers who enjoy a multitude of genres.
PAYDAY: The Heist is coming October 18th 2011 via digital download for $19.99 on PlayStation 3 and PC. For more information please visit Overkill Software’s official website.