Published on September 26th, 2011 | by Cameron Woolsey
Riot Games Releases League of Legends: Dominion
Riot Games announced today that the new capture-and-hold game mode, Dominion, has been released for League of Legends.
The company hopes that the new game mode will help expand the game and push the evolution of the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) genre. The game mode is now available for download for North America and Europe.
“With Dominion, we wanted to answer our players’ desire for innovation with a fast-paced, complementary experience to classic League of Legends,” said Marc Merrill, president of Riot Games and executive producer of League of Legends. “Now that it’s available to all League of Legends players, it’s going to be amazing to watch them develop strategies and dominate on the Crystal Scar!”
League of Legends: Dominion features:
- Capture-and-hold gameplay: Summoners battle it out for control of five unique strategic targets, capturing points from the opposing team and defending them against enemy intrusion.
- An all-new map: The action in League of Legends: Dominion takes place in the Crystal Scar, a highly contested, war-torn mining village featuring stunning new art crafted specifically for the new map.
- Fast-paced action: League of Legends: Dominion is an accelerated version of classic League of Legends gameplay – matches last around 20 minutes, so gamers can enjoy a rapid-fire alternative to the more strategic, measured pace of Summoner’s Rift.
- Non-stop combat: From beginning to end, players will enjoy unrelenting skirmishes as they vie for control over the map – in League of Legends: Dominion, Summoners can expect an onslaught of one-on-one and small team fights.
- Down-to-the-wire victories: Matches of League of Legends: Dominion are competitive until the very end – late-game comebacks are possible and the outcome is always in question.
- Completely free: Like classic League of Legends, Dominion is completely free-to-play for new and veteran Summoners alike, there is the option of getting a LOL account at unrankedsmurfs.com as well. Players will be able to use all their existing masteries, runes, champions and skins on Dominion.