Published on September 6th, 2011 | by Cameron Woolsey
Deep Silver Details Day 1 Patch Update for Dead Island
We’re not even through the first day of the Dead Island launch but it seems like some PC players are already running into problems with their copy of the game. Luckily Deep Silver hears your bitter cries and has released a list of recent corrections and upcoming fixes that will soon get you back to problem-free zombie slaying.
To begin, the company has announced that the correct version of the game is now available for download via Steam. Deep Silver is issuing a warning to those who download the patch. The update may cause some incompatibilities between the two versions of Dead Island which can result in the loss of game saves. The company stated that it tried to avoid this problem, but not much could have been done. Deep Silver does offer a solution, however: When the game opens, select New Game -> Select the same character as you were using before, and then there will be an option for “Chapter Select” which will allow the player to jump to the last chapter they were playing in.
Next, the company will announce something it calls a “make up” to fans affected by day 1 PC issues. It will release details on what that may be shortly. Deep Silver confirmed that the Bloodbath DLC is still on schedule and fans who pre-ordered the game will receive the content when it arrives. Finally, Deep Silver stated that it’s aware of The Ripper activation bug which will be fixed in the next game update.
Dead Island Patch Notes as Provided by Deep Silver
Multiplayer and Matchmaking improvements
· Maps are now correctly synchronized when player joins during map loading
· Games now filter correctly in lobby
· After joining a coop game enemies now spawn correctly
User guidance improved. (Quest guidance, UI, shop)
Additional Interface polishing
· Map tracking now works correctly after loading checkpoints
· Health and stamina bars of enemies now display correctly in coop.
· Locations of invisible NPCs are no longer shown
· More than one player can now use the same ladder simultaneously
· Focus on items in shops is not changing after operation (sell,
· Additional Interface polishing
· Fixed displaying gather rings near some door
Player death behavior improved
· Respawn position now saved when playing in cooperative mode
· If player dies whilst inside vehicle, menu will now be hidden
Save game mechanics extended
· Added distinction between quest checkpoints and other saves
Minor animation fixes
· AI animation now displays correctly after fast travel or travel
· Improved enemy awareness (zombies)
· Enemies reaction to fire adapted
· Enemies are now able to successfully reach player on some arenas
· Shooting enemies no longer spawn infinitely
Balancing changes in difficulty
· Item level will be calculated correctly when playing in second playthrough
· Kick interrupting reload now adapted; after clip is inserted reload is treated as successful
· Health regeneration is now disabled during grab.
· More HP for all escorted NPCs
· Removed all instances of Butcher during escorts
· Purna can gain bonus rage from both “Grim Inspiration” and “Inspiring Kick”
· Only “Walker” type enemies increase the extra XP of the “Combo” skill from Xian’s Survival skill tree
Pause Option added
· Added information about players requesting pause (Co-op)
Looting rules improved
· Thrown items now cannot be picked up by another player for 5
· Items from just-opened containers cannot be picked up by another
player for 5 seconds.
Minor graphical glitches fixed.
· Rectified occasional graphical glitch with NPC’s hands bending
· Animations now display correctly when trading
· Stomper animation now displays correctly when same target is hit
by another player
Sound bugs fixed
· Volume of pickup’s engine has been increased
Quest bugs removed
· All side quests in Laboratory can now be successfully completed
· Potential walkthrough blocker removed when quest “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” is completed before talking to Dominik during “On the air” quest