Published on July 28th, 2011 | by Derek Strickland, Contributor
Serious Sam Double D’s Weapon Stacking Redefines 2-D Action Shooters
Croteam has recently debuted an Indie Series based on the beloved macho-man of shooters, none other than Serious Sam himself. The critically-acclaimed independent XNA game studio Mommy’s Best Games is hard at work developing Serious Sam Double D, a 2-D action shooter platformer hybrid with insane frenetic and explosive fast-paced mayhem that fits perfect in the zany Serious Sam universe.
Once again, Sam ‘Serious’ Stone must use the Time-Lock to travel through time and destroy the enemies of humanity’s past, in order to save its future.
But since his last outing, 2 important new relics have been discovered: the Gun Stacker and the Porta Pad.
Serious Note: Serious Sam Double D is a NEW and ORIGINAL Serious Sam title! It is officially sanctioned by the original developer Croteam, and is a part of their Serious Sam Indie Series.
- One gun sometimes not enough? Two still too wimpy? Try firing all your guns at once with the GUN STACKER system!
- Collect up to 4 of any weapon type (laser guns, shotguns, flamethrowers, CHAINSAWS and more) , then stack ’em up and let’er rip!
- New Enemies in glorious 2D! Fight exploding-banana shooting CHIMPUTEES and evil pancakes known as VUVUZELATORS!
- Corpse-Piling Technology! Sometimes the best way out is up–on dead monster CORPSES!
- Porta Pad technology: Anywhere, ANYTIME throw a jump-pad just when you need it!
- SECRETS galore, find new extra health, ammo, armor, extra weapons and even comedy secrets!
- Unlock CHALLENGE ROOMS such as 4 chainsaw fights, and how long can you survive against dozens of dinos?
Check below for the gameplay trailer, and get ready to stack a ridiculous amount of weaponry to make a super mega blaster rifle to take down the endless alien foes in Serious Sam Double D!
Serious Sam Double D will be available on PC in August 2011.