Published on March 9th, 2011 | by Kyle Spencer, Editor
Uncharted 3 3D Info and Trailer
Uncharted 3 is shaping up to be one of 2011’s biggest titles and Naughty Dog isn’t holding back. We got some information regarding their 3D support and their Fire system.
“From their Press Release”
* 3D support planned from outset of development.
* Built from the ground-up and fully integrated into Naughty Dog Engine 3.0.
* Optimisations and technology developed for 3D support have benefited the 2D version.
* Precise aiming, especially around corners, aided through 3D support.
* Judging depth during traversal sequences aided through 3D support.
* Player experience from the cinematic presentation during set piece moments enhanced (e.g. increased sense of vertigo, etc).
* Particle system has been overhauled to allow the increase in number of effects and overdraw required for fire.
* Simulation combined with intricate hand crafting used to create the feeling of being trapped in an inferno.
* Fire actually affects the environment, changing traversal opportunities and creating and removing cover in combat situations.
* Several additional animation layers for Drake, Sully, and enemies to ground them in the environment and what is happening around them.
* Dozens of contextual animations for Drake stepping in, standing near, and taking cover by fire.
I for one thought the 3D support of Killzone 3 was excellent so I am truly looking forward to what Naughty Dog will do with that kind of support. Stay tuned to GAMINGtruth.com for further details on Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception.