Published on March 4th, 2011 | by Kyle Spencer, Editor
Gears of War 3 Limited and Epic Editions Plus Beta Info
Yes it is true, although the details on each edition have not been released yet (be sure to check back frequently for updates), we do know the pricing on both editions.
The Limited Collector’s Edition will retail at $79.99
The Epic Edition will retail at $149.99
All three editions will come with a beta key if you pre-order it now through Gamestop. The open beta will begin for pre-order customers on April 25, 2011 and will run through May 15th, 2011. If you picked up a copy of the Bulletstorm Epic Edition, the beta will begin a little earlier on April 18th, 2011. The beta will feature three multiplayer modes and four exclusive maps that will be played on dedicated servers. Check out the Microsoft press release below for further details regarding the Beta.
The official press release is as follows:
LONDON – 4 MARCH 2011 – Get ready to jump back in the action with Delta Squad beginning this April by pre-ordering Gears of War 3 at GAME of gamestation. Available in three distinct Gears of War 3 editions – Standard (£49.99), Limited (£59.99) and Epic (£99.99) — those who pre-order the Limited and Epic editions with GAME or gamestation will gain access to three weeks of multiplayer beta action on Xbox LIVE, beginning 25 April.
Over the course of the beta program, three new competitive multiplayer modes and four exclusive maps will be rolled out, all running on dedicated servers and providing fans with the opportunity to help shape the biggest blockbuster game of 2011. Two of the four multiplayer maps, “Trenches” and “Old Town,” were selected by Gears fans through a Facebook poll that generated thousands of votes.
The Gears of War 3 public multiplayer beta kicks off 25 April and runs through to 15 May. Bulletstorm: Epic Edition customers will get early access beginning 18 April through the Bulletstorm disc.*
Key Beta Dates:
* Bulletstorm Preview, 18 – 24 April Owners of “Bulletstorm: Epic Edition” are eligible for a one-week beta preview period featuring the new Team Deathmatch mode on four new maps (Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches and Old Town).
* GEARS OF WAR 3 BETA, 25 APRIL – 15 MAY
The full public beta period begins 25 April. Players can look forward to special events and playlists throughout the beta period. Two additional competitive game modes, Capture the Leader and King of the Hill, will be added during the final week of the beta.
* 15 MAY
Not only will fans who participate in the beta have the opportunity to get an early taste of the year’s biggest game, but they’ll also have the opportunity to unlock exclusive content they can carry over to their retail copy of “Gears of War 3” when it launches on 20 September.
* BETA TESTER MEDAL – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the Gears 3 multiplayer lobby as well.
* THRASHBALL COLE – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
* GOLD-PLATED RETRO LANCER – Show your ultimate Gears of War fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
* FLAMING HAMMERBURST – Complete one match by Sunday, 24 April and unlock this weapon variant.
* FLAMING LANCER – Complete one match during the week of 25 April and unlock this weapon variant.
* FLAMING SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN – Complete one match during the week of 2 May to unlock this weapon variant.
* FLAMING GNASHER SHOTGUN – Complete one match during the week of 9 May to unlock this weapon variant.
End of press release.
Stay with GAMINGtruth.com for more on Gears of War 3 as info drops!