Published on April 13th, 2010 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder
Battle Dex Beta: Open for Destruction
If you’re the type of gamer that likes 9-sided dice, Magic: The Gathering, or any combination of the two, you’ll very likely enjoy getting your hands on BattleDex. It’s a hex-based strategy game that combines regular strategy gameplay with a card game, so you get your traditional strategy with the cards playing support as power-ups.
Here’s the official breakdown:
- Online turn-based strategy boardgame + collectible cards (think Advance Wars + Magic: The Gathering on a hexgrid)
- Play with friends and compete in tournaments
- Connect with community on Facebook and their Forums
- Currently 168 cards and 8 unit types
- Get started at http://battledexgame.com
Now some of you may wonder “What’s so special about playing this beta?” Partly because the game is pretty cool & that I’ve played it. You might like it, so I’m spreading the word.
The other reason is that this Sunday, April 18th, they’re having a $500 tournament. I’m sure that in this economy, there’s at least one gamer out there who wants to play a free-to-play game for the chance to win half a grand, right?!
Rather than talking about it all day, I’ll let you see for yourself. Check out the intro trailer, have a look at the gallery, then get on over to http://battledexgame.com!