Published on January 21st, 2009 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder5
Gears 2 Gets New Achievements With Map Pack
Gamers that check out Xbox.com regularly may have noticed that the new achievement for Gears of War 2 have made their appearance…
If you weren’t aware, have a look at them here:
- Skeletons in your Closet (20G) – Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Flashback Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty)
- More Mystery, Less History (15G) – Win a multiplayer match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
- Bound by a Shared Past (15G) – Win a Wingman match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps
- Trial by, and on, Fire (20G) – Survive first 10 Horde waves on Combustible Map Pack maps as a team
- The Roof! The Roof! The Roof… (15G) – Win a multiplayer match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
- Forged in the Fire (15G) – Win a Wingman match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps
- Annex: Now With Execution Rules (75G) – Win an Annex match on each Flashback and Combustible Map Pack map (public matches only)
Keep in mind that it takes two extra map packs to get all 1175 Achievement points with Gears 2.
Some gamers, like modeps on Evil Avatar’s Gears 2 Achievement coverage, wonder why it is that the expanded Achievements use most of the alloted achievement points on one pack. Personally, I’m not worried about that at all.
Halo 3 has 1750 Achievement points. I’m sure that if Microsoft and Epic want to add more Achievements to Gears 2, it’ll happen.
What do you think? Should they make more Gears 2 Achievements to match Halo 3?