Awesomeno image

Published on December 8th, 2008 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder

Crackdown 2 On The Way?

If you’re a fan of the original Crackdown like I am, this news may perk up your day a little bit. Major Nelson, in his latest podcast, brought up the smash hit Crackdown in a chat with Phil Spencer:

“I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want – we need – another Crackdown,” Xbox Live’s director of programming, Larry Hryb, told MGS boss Phil Spencer in the latest Major Nelson podcast.

“That’s all I’m going to say, so you don’t have to confirm for deny anything. I’m just saying we want it.”

“Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites,” said Spencer. “I’ll leave it at that.”

Way to go, Major Nelson! That’s what I’m talking about – let them know that another Crackdown is a needed experience! For those that didn’t notice, Phil Spencer is the head of Microsoft Game Studios, so that could be a good sign of another Crackdown project.

On the same token though, the original Crackdown team is working on APB, a new MMO for the Xbox 360. If a new Crackdown game comes along now, it won’t be by the original team – and games that switch teams generally don’t feel the same. Considering the ending of Crackdown, that could be a good thing.

What do you think? Is it time for another Crackdown? If it were up to me, we’d have had a second trip a long time ago!

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author

Deejay has been a gamer since the Atari 2600, has wrestled–and defeated–alligators with only his toes, and once aligned all the planets in the Solar System by uttering the words "Coo Coo Ka-Choo". In his sleep. He currently bides his time behind the scenes here at GAMINGtruth.com, streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/deejayknight and teaching.

18 Responses to Crackdown 2 On The Way?

1. tr3Ks says:

word. i fucking loved crackdown.

2. tr3Ks says:

word. i fucking loved crackdown.

3. Gemini Ace says:

Crackdown is my favorite 360 title. Gimme more!

4. Gemini Ace says:

Crackdown is my favorite 360 title. Gimme more!

5. Spazztastik says:

Lol Tre3ks… admit you only baught the first crackdown just so that you could play the Halo 3 Beta :P… That's what everyone else did and they too were shocked when they found out that that was also a pretty sweet game 😀

6. Spazztastik says:

7. DeejayKnight says:

I can't deny that the Beta had a lot to do with my Crackdown purchase initially, but if I remember correctly, the demo is what pulled me in. Now if they had a second Crackdown, I'd be in there like swimwear!

8. DeejayKnight says:

9. tr3Ks says:

Honestly, im not that huge into Halo, so thats not why i bought it. i actually bought it because my roommate in college got it for that reason, and we wanted to play co-op, and we ended up having a blast.

10. tr3Ks says:

11. Treschonde says:

It's funny, DeejayKnight is what pulled me into Crackdown. I loved that game too! Had to trade it in when I was low on dough though.. but now I'm starting to miss it again haha.

12. Treschonde says:

13. drowley says:

carckdown is an awsome game and i think they should come out with a second one, but they beter take there time on it and make everything beter!

14. drowley says:

15. DjDATZ says:

Yes. We NEED another one.

16. DjDATZ says:

Yes. We NEED another one.

17. Great, this can be exactly what my wife and I required to learn

18. I will add this blog to my favorites, it is great.