Published on September 25th, 2008 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder2
Halo 3's New Hotness: Keep It Clean
We’ve all been rabid Halo fans at one point or another, right? It’s almost a rite of passage for owners of the Xbox or Xbox 360 to have at least played Halo.
Well that’s exactly what everyone’s freaking out about lately, since there’s a bunch going on with Master Chief’s camp these days.
First up is the second title update for the game, which adds a bunch of achievements:
- Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch (0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.
- Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 (0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.
- Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
- Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.
- Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.
- Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.
- Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.
- Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.
- Road Rage (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.
- Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.
What’s funny is that those aren’t even all the achievements they’ve added in – there’s more. Since they haven’t discussed the features/content that the other achievements utilize, though, they’re staying mum on the subject.
The other thing that’s been flipping out Halo fans across the board is the teaser trailer that was posted on Bungie.net:
After having a look at that, surely you can understand the fever. It looks to me like ODSTs are in, or Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (check out the novels to find out more about them). They’ve definitely got the community hyped up!
Another commenter, chedabob, pointed out this image that also cooborates the 01/06/09 date:
Any way this goes, I can’t wait to see what they have up their sleeves. What about you? Have you caught yourself caught up in the Halo 3 hype?