Published on August 4th, 2008 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Gets 13MB Trophy Patch
For the unaware, there was a trophy patch recently released for Naughty Dog’s Uncharted: Drakes’ Fortune. The 13MB patch allows players to earn trophies, due to Sony’s recent patch to allow the trophies.
Here’s the feature list:
- There will be 48 Trophies in Uncharted; 47 Trophies for finding treasures, participating in hand-to-hand or gun combat etc, one platinum Trophy for unlocking all other Trophies
- The Trophies are tied to the medal rewards which already exist in Uncharted
- It’s not possible to attain all Trophies in one playthrough
- To earn Trophies, you must start a new game without any medals or rewards unlocked (if Trophies could be earned retroactively, cheating could occur)
- No other additions or changes outside of Trophies are in the patch
Oh, the pain! Don’t understand the pain? It’s because the patch that allows the trophies to be earned isn’t retroactive, which means that your current save is essentially useless, as you’ll have to beat the game again multiple times to earn all the trophies. They’re worried that people will just share their saves to unlock all the trophies with no effort.
Now, that isn’t exactly a punishment, as Uncharted is definitely one of the premiere experiences on the PlayStation 3, but it does take a bit of the shine away from this announcement.
What are you waiting for? Go earn those trophies!
Uncharted Trophy patch released [PlayStation Universe]