Published on May 14th, 2008 | by Daniel David2
New Resident Evil 5 Info From Famitsu
This is one of the games I can’t wait to get my hands on. This weeks Famitsu has some nice info on Resident Evil 5. Thanks goes to the good people at Neogaf for this.
- A new trailer will be shown in the very near future.
- For now, Famitsu will show images and some info from one part of that trailer. (intro paragraph written by Takeuchi)
- There’s a new female character, shown holding a shotgun and wearing a tank top and boots similar to the ones Jill wore in RE3.
- In addition to areas that make use of sunlight as a gameplay dynamic, there will be darker, shadow-filled areas as well, such as a cavern where Chris utilizes a flashlight. There will be an intense contrast between light and dark.
- Chris is shown using his knife, a sniper rifle above a bridge that’s above a river, and of course the handgun.
- A few pieces of artwork are shown, such Chris fighting villagers near a crashed helicopter, that same helicopter flying amidst a smoke-filled sky, and Chris witnessing the helicopter being shot down. There’s also some kind of garden in the cavern with a giant hole above it, allowing the sunlight in.
- Chris is shown holding a blond girl noticeably shorter than him in a building.
- A picture of a chainsaw and the right leg of its weilder is shown.
- Chris will be up against very powerful enemies once again, and this shot of some creature behind iron bars is reminiscent of Chris’s previous enemies, such as CODE: Veronica’s Nosferatu (although it was Claire who faced him) and the REmake’s Lisa Trevor. Those two creatures were imprisoned at some point as well.
Later in the thread a poster named Aggelos was kind of enough translate some stuff about the two women shown in the scans.
The trailer reveals the presence of 2 female characters. The one is to be found on the 2nd floor of a dilapidated house. It’s a blond-hair woman wearing a red dress. Seems that she is entrapped in a dangerous situation and Chris went to rescue her. We speculate that she is under Chris’s protection (she follows his commands during the game) and they both try to escape (something similar to Leon & Ashley in Bio4). The second female character, who has a brown skin, is brand new character to the series. It seems like she is an ally of Chris. At the present time not only their personalities, but even their names are unknown.
I’m guessing the person Chris went to rescue is Sherry from Resident Evil 2 but who knows. What I do know is that I want this game and I am anticipating the trailer. Scans are below but a warning these are pretty big.
Source for scans: Akayuki