Published on April 8th, 2008 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder
Grand Theft Auto IV Multiplayer ROCKS!
Has it been awhile since I posted personally? Yes. If there’s anything that brings me off of reserve action though, it’s Grand Theft Auto IV.
Luckily enough, it’s good reason to be back. Why, do you ask? Because not only was multiplayer rumored not too long ago, but today – thanks to the multiplayer hands-on courtesy of GameTap, we get to see screenshots of that multiplayer awesomeness for ourselves.
Enjoying what had to be a fantastic three hours of hands-on time, we know a bit more about what it’s going to be like online in this latest entry in the Grand Theft Auto series:
- Hangman’s Noose is a co-op objective-based mode, in which four players complete successive objectives against AI opponents. These objectives are ‘mini-stories’ that can take you across the map.
- GTA Race is just that – a race. Just with the added benefit of being based on GTA and the default race can, and likely will, involve mass explosions. There’s also a variant without weapons, but seriously – why?
- Character customization is a go!
- You earn cash for winning matches.
- Players online are ranked by the amount of cash they’ve won.
- If it can affect the environment of the city, you can control it. Weapons, pedestrian count, police count, traffic, radar, it’s all there.
The funny thing about all that is that there’s more. Have a read of the original article and you’ll find more goodness than you can shake a couple of sticks at, because believe me – one shaking stick isn’t enough!
Speaking of ‘not enough’, I almost forgot to mention the screenshots. Peruse the gallery below and yearn for April 29th just a bit more than you were already…
Grand Theft Auto IV: Multiplayer