Published on April 2nd, 2008 | by Daniel David
Dualshock 3 On Sale Next Week, Sixaxis Discontinued
For everyone seeking rumble back in their life for the PS3 here is good news for you. Next week the Dualshock 3 controller for the PS3 with motion and rumble should be on sale for $55.
Some titles will need a patch to get rumble to work. As long as you are online when you want to launch a game the patch will download automatically.
A nice little symbol will be added to future titles to let you know that DS3 is supported and it does have rumble. They also have launch a website listing the titles that support rumble.
Here is the list of titles right now that will support rumble when the DS3 launches next week:
- SCEA – Formula One Championship Edition* (PS3)
- SCEA – MotorStorm* (PS3)
- SCEA – PAIN (PSN)
- SCEA – High Velocity Bowling (PSN)
- SCEA – MLB 08: The Show (PS3)
- SCEA – Uncharted: Drakeâ€™s Fortune (PS3)
- SCEA – Resistance: Fall of Man* (PS3)
- SCEA – Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
- SCEA – Go! Sports Ski* (PSN)
- SCEA – Folklore* (PS3)
- SCEA – Heavenly Sword* (PS3)
- SCEA – Warhawk* (PSN / PS3)
- SCEA – Super Stardust HD* (PSN)
- SCEA – Snakeball (PSN)
- SCEA – Toy Home (PSN)
- SCEA – PSOne Emulation (PSN)
- SCEA – Piyotama (PSN)
- SCEA – PixelJunk Monsters (PSN)
- SCEA – Blast Factor* (PSN)
- Sega – Condemned 2: Bloodshot (PS3)
- Ubisoft – Lost: Via Domus (PS3)
- Ubisoft – Tom Clancyâ€™s Rainbow Six Vegas 2* (PS3)
- EA – Burnout Paradise (PS3)
- KOEI – Dynasty Warriors 6 (PS3)
- Capcom – Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
- Atari – Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (PS3)
- Disney Interactive – Turok (PS3)
Although I imported my DS3 some time ago its amazing how rumble makes a difference for those who like it.
Also the MTV Mulitplayer blog got confirmation from Sony that the non-rumble Sixaxis controller will be discontinued after supplies are gone. Hopefully people looking to be a PS3 in the future gets the system packed with the DS3.
Source: Playstation Blog