Published on February 12th, 2008 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder
Mass Effect Coming to PC in May
Regardless of what you’ve heard of Mass Effect, the general concensus throughout the gaming community is that the title is among the best – if not the best – titles of 2007. Considering the trend as far as console-to-pc ports is to release the PC title a year after the original release and the fact that it released on the Xbox 360 this past November, gamers weren’t expecting to hear much about Mass Effect again until at least November.
Well, EA has different plans for the blockbuster title. You can expect to see Mass Effect on PC in May – and that’s not all. There have been considerable updates to the title that not only make it more PC-friendly, but correct some of the problems that were problems to 360 gamers.
Consider the following upgrades:
- Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
- High resolution visuals â€“ Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
- Fully customizable controls â€“ PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
- Run & Gun Control â€“ Players can assign biotic powers or skills to â€˜hot keysâ€™ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
- New decryption mini-game.
- New inventory screen GUI and functionality â€“ The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.
As an owner of the 360 version of Mass Effect, I think I speak for a large base of us when I say “If only we could get that new inventory screen”. Not to be outdone, there are multiple threads in the Official Mass Effect forum requesting the updates. Here’s hoping that multiple instances of items in the inventory are stackable (especially if it’s being transferred to the 360) , as that was the biggest problem, in my opinion.
Any way it goes, we’ll see how much difference the updates make in May.
Mass Effect PC Screenshots