Published on May 15th, 2007 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder
Aegis Wing Free on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday
Lots of people, unfortunately, have Xbox Live and haven’t had the chance to download a game off of Xbox Live Arcade. Consider Aegis Wing a good reason to break that tradition.
Who can really deny ‘free’? I’m immune from such things, so consider it mine. If you have an Xbox 360 connected to the internet, you’ll have no excuse for not downloading this free side-scrolling shooter.
Aegis Wing Launches This Week as Free Gift to Gamers [via Gamerscore Blog]
REDMOND, Wash. â€” May 14, 2007 â€” This Wednesday, team up with up to three of your friends and prepare yourselves for intense side-scrolling, sci-fi shooting action in â€œAegis Wing.â€ Originally conceived by three Microsoft Corp. interns over the course of a summer, â€œAegis Wingâ€ will be available for free to all Xbox LIVEÂ® Silver and Gold members in North America for a limited time. â€œAegis Wingâ€ will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360â„¢ beginning Wednesday, May 16, at 2 a.m. PDT.
â€œAegis Wingâ€ is a 2-D side-scrolling space shooter that combines epic space combat with fantastic visuals, and is set to a rich symphonic soundtrack. It is set in the year 2105, when humanity must flee a dying Earth for the distant world Europa. But this new home is soon threatened by a powerful alien race, the Araxia. With stolen Araxian technology, the Europa fleet develops an experimental star fighter and assigns four ace pilots to test it. The Aegis Wing is born, and it becomes your mission to wield this new technology as humanityâ€™s last hope for survival.
Up to four players can play together either locally or over Xbox LIVE to defeat waves of nefarious Araxian ships and bosses, and can even combine spacecraft in two-, three- or four-ship formations to access powerful Super Weapons.
â€œAegis Wingâ€ was originally conceived by three students â€“ Scott Brodie, Danny Dyer and Matt Monson â€“ during a summer internship at Xbox LIVE Arcade. The students worked in tandem with Carbonated Games â€“ the creators of fan-favorite, UNOÂ® â€“ to bring the game to the Xbox LIVE Arcade community. The full version of â€œAegis Wingâ€ is being released on Xbox LIVE Arcade free of charge and will be available for a limited time.
Game features include the following:
* Amazing environmental art
* Full symphonic soundtrack
* Up to four-player simultaneous cooperative multiplayer gameplay, either locally on the same Xbox 360 console or over Xbox LIVE*
* Ability to attach your ship to your wingmenâ€™s spacecraft to gain the â€œturretâ€ ability and increase the firepower of the Super Weapons
* Four Super Weapons: the Hades Beam (wreaks total destruction), the Gorgon Burst (wipes out incoming fire and disables enemy spacecraft with an electromagnetic pulse), the Arcus Missile (a heat-seeking missile) and the Lambda Shield (deflects incoming fire back at enemies)
* Six epic missions and several memorable boss encounters to fight through