Published on May 8th, 2007 | by Daniel David7
Square-Enix: The Last Remnant details
Square-Enix is making good use of the Unreal engine with their new RPG called the The Last Remnant. Here are some details about this game.
Release Date TBA – Next Generation Consoles – 1 Player RPG
One thousand years ago humanity came into contact with Remnants. These magical fragments of a bygone era were once used to promote peace across the world. Soon, as the rift grew between those who ruled and those who obeyed, the remnants ceased being instruments of balance, and instead became paths to immeasurable power. Where once there had been peace, only bloodshed remained.
– Possible release simultaneously in U.S. and Japan, TBA
– Main Character: Rush Sykes.
– Remnants vary in size and can take the form of machines, beasts, and weapons.
– 4 races revealed: Mitra (humans), Yama (Large fish-like beings), Qsiti (small humanoid lizards), Sovanni (four armed cat like creatures)
– Battle System will not be passive and will include QTEs in certain instances. Fights still take place in a turn based frame work.
– This is the first UE3 game SE will be releasing.
– Directed by Hiroshi Takai
Sounds pretty cool. There’s more info about this game here if you want to learn more but up above is pretty much the meat and potatoes.