Published on April 13th, 2007 | by Daniel David2
Tekken 6 info
In the latest issue of Arcadia Magazine, they released some info about the characters in Tekken 6 and about the gameplay in general. Here are the highlights from the article:
- Animations have been changed for every character!
- All characters have an â€œitem moveâ€, like the Bryan shotgun we saw at the AOU trailer. Although not all of them will have the same effectiveness.
- An example of an â€œitem moveâ€ will be Anna throwing her high heels at her opponents.
- Harada officially stated that Leo IS a girl.
- So far Yoshimitsu has gone under the most drastic change. Harada notes that it will be much more difficult to use Yoshimitsu this time around and they consider him an â€œExpertâ€ character. Part of his story includes the fact that his sword is now losing power and he must take a new fighting style, Kenjutsu from the Manji clan, this includes both dual sword fighting and pure fist fighting!
- A lot of Lei Wulongâ€™s laying down stances have been changed. They look more like Lei Fei and Shun Diâ€™s laying down stance from Virtua Fighter 5. They also changed the properties where Lei can be counter-hit and juggled out of his laying down stances.
- Many changes were done to Marshall Law. It is noted that fans of Bruce Lee and those that know of Jeet Kune Do will be very pleased.
I don’t like the idea of item moves. I rather it stayed to hand-to-hand combat with Yoshimitsu being the only real exception, guns kill people. I’m excited to see what changes they made to Law but my favorite character has always been Kazuya so I can’t wait to play with him when this is released.