Published on April 8th, 2007 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder5
Xbox 360 Dashboard Update details leaked
Ah, I love it when companies leak info!
The latest member of the “leak” crew is Gamespot, who’s leaked details of the upcoming Xbox 360 Dashboard update. Video and details below.
- 600 Windows Live Messenger contacts for your friends list
- Contact list will integrate Windows Live Messenger and show joinable session status
- Messenger contacts see what game you’re playing and gamertag
- Marketplace has own blade, skin will change independent from theme
- Users will now see what achievement they’ve unlocked onscreen
- Low-power download mode followed by auto-shutdown
- You can watch partially downloaded video files
I’m not sure about anyone else, but the ability to see the name and points of a new Achievement unlock is definitely going to save me a bit of time. I regularly hit the Live button every time I unlock an Achievement to see what I unlocked, so that’s going to be awesome.
The Windows Live Messenger integration is cool and unexpected this early in the game, but i’m sure those with extra USB keyboards laying around (myself included) will be pretty satisfied!
Does anyone have a particular favorite when it comes to the upgrades to the Dashboard?
Gamespot leaks Xbox 360s new dashboard [via Joystiq]