Published on January 25th, 2007 | by Daniel David
PS3 firmware updated to 1.50
Yes, a new version is ready to go and features some nice additions and fixes a problem every person with a PS3 has. Here is the list of updates that come along with 1.50
- Ability to take a photo and turn it into your user icon.
- Turn the key tone on or off (sound when you move about the menus).
- Delete backup data.
- Inclusion of WEP 128, WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA-PSK (AES) as additional security methods that can be used with AOSS. (For wireless connections).
- Supports Korean language.
- Separate options to save your password and sign in automatically.
- Japanese PS3 owners now have the ability to purchase content for their PS3 via the EDY system.
- The most important, fixed backwards compatibility so all your games run fine. (displays games in 480p). It actually makes a difference, I tested it out myself and games look a bit better. Check out the video IGN has and see for yourself.
The best thing about this update is that all the problems with backwards compatibility seems to have been solved. Enjoy the update.