Published on January 17th, 2007 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder
XBLA Wednesday – Heavy Weapon: Atomic Tank
Meet Heavy Weapon: Atomic Tank. It’s the Xbox Live Arcade title for Wednesday, January 17.
Heavy Weapon: Atomic Tank unleashes adrenaline-soaked side-scrolling shoot-’em-up arcade action. With a blast of retro eighties videogame chic, Heavy Weapon brings classic shooter action and explosive power to Xbox LiveÂ® Arcade.
Fight through 19 story-based missions to upgrade six different weapon banks, or jump into instant action with the blazing Survival mode. Grab your friends and storm across enemy lines in co-operative multiplayer modes! Are you ready for the furious fun of Heavy Weapon?
* Game modes: Prepare for three action-packed game modes: Mission, Survival, and the brand new Boss Rush mode!
* Mission: Play your way through 19 exciting missions, invading countries and beating challenging bosses along the way.
* Survival: How long can you last against ever-increasing waves of enemies?
* Boss Rush: Exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade, challenge all the bosses of Heavy Weapon in succession!
* Multiplayer mayhem: Jump in to intense multiplayer action with up to four players, exclusively in Xbox Live Arcade!
* Weapons variety: Use six upgradeable secret weapons on 19 missions with nukes, mega-lasers, and more.
* Online features: Enjoy voice chat with your friends while battling together. Online leaderboards let you track your mission results.
* Amazing visuals: The enhanced sound effects and original score draw you into the game. Prepare for expanded mayhem with full high-definition widescreen support.
This one’s going to run you for 800 MS Points, so if you like original games that you can play over Xbox Live, have a look at Heavy Weapon, then let us know what you think!
Xbox Live Arcade Release Jan 17 – Heavy Weapon [via Gamerscore Blog]