Published on November 10th, 2006 | by Deejay Knight, Editor/Founder
Having Gears of War "Lost Connection" Problems? Here's the Fix
If you’re one of the many that are having problems with the “Lost Connection” error while attempting to join games in Gears of War, you know that this can be a very annoying process. Well, Shadow Beast 01 of the Xbox Forums has exactly what you need.
It’s a rudimentary fix, but if it works, why should you worry about it! Here’s the instructions from his stickied forum post:
1. Choose exactly what you want to do as far as versus, or co-op goes.
2. If versus, chose whether you want it to be ranked or not.
3. Choose “Custom Match”.
4. Fill out the qeury with the information so it finds a game you intend to play in.
5. When it says “Searching…” or “Refreshing…”, quickly hit the “X” button to refresh again.
6. Once the “X” button has been hit, a list of games will show up behind the “Searching…” or “Refreshing…” dialogue.
7. At this point you may choose from the list that has appeared behind the dialogue.
8. In most cases this has worked, if it doesn’t you may have deeper problems.
Sounds like a possibility. I’ve had the problem a time or two, so i might have to give this a try when I get home! If this isn’t working for you, maybe trying out the Phantasy Star Universe server connection fix might be more to your liking?
How To Fix “Lost Connection” [via Official Xbox Forums]